To keep spirits high as we get back to work this week – below is a list of 5 brands and companies that are entering in the web3 space.
1. Starbucks – Starbucks will unveil its web3 initiative, which includes coffee-themed NFTs, at the Investor Day event. The company earlier this year announced its plans to enter the web3 space, noting its NFTs wouldn’t just serve as digital collectibles, but would provide their owners with access to exclusive content and other perks.
2. Animoca Brands – Yat Siu, the cofounder and chairman of Animoca Brands, believes the transition to Web3, the next generation of the internet, will happen sooner than many people think.
3. San-Francisco-based Unstoppable Domains, a Web3 digital identity company, raised a $65 million Series A which valued the company at $1 billion. The funding was led by blockchain and crypto investor Pantera Capital.
4. London-based Crypto-custody firm Copper raised a Series C funding led by Barclays Ventures at a value of $2 billion. The amount invested was not disclosed.
5. Salvatore Ferragamo tapped SHXPIR to produce a customizable NFT. The brand partnered with digital artist SHXPIR to produce a personalized NFT collection. This is an example of a brand entering the metaverse with purpose. To complement the digital artwork, Ferragamo produced a limited-edition capsule collection with all proceeds donated to LGBTQ+ organization, The Center.